There are different ways you can store your Dreads neatly.
We will list a few for your here:
- in your closet on a clothes hanger. There are hangers that you can attach to each other with rings, so you have a whole row below each other, this saves space because you will have one hanger in the end!
- in a Dreadshop Storage Bag!
- in a bag in your closet (preferably a breathable bag, for example a linen bag)
- in a washing bag
- on round market rings
hang them on your own Dread rack! At Dreadshop we have a beautiful rack on the wall where all the Dreads hang from!
- are you creative? Make a fun coat rack with a lot of knobs or hooks where you can hang your Dreads on.
Did you take your dreads out? Wash and dry your Dreadlocks before you store them!
What is not a good way to store Synthetic Dreads?
- don’t roll up your Dreads in a ball, they will knot together and become frizzy
- absolutely don’t put your Dreadlocks in the dryer
- don’t store them unprotected (always put them in something, for example a Dreadshop Storage Bag)
- don’t store them on top of you closet (they’ll become dusty)
- do you have pets? Store them in a place that your pet can’t reach
- don’t store them in a humid place (you will prevent them to becoming smelly and prevent deformation of the Dreads)
Do you have a great tip that we haven’t listed? Let us know!